1) you have this opinion and you didn’t really think about it. Your parents taught you this or you believe everyone thinks the same way
2) your first contact with the opposition: you don’t understand how people can think like that. You believe they are wrong/crazy
3) you get in contact with the opposition but from a trusted source: a very good friend, a specialist you trust etc..
4) you experience for yourself what the opposition think …you are left to believe it could be true
5) You search and study about it. You ask questions
6) you secretly adopt this new way in your life
7) You let the outside world know about your new way of thinking
8) you become an advocate 🙂